Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bags Are Packed

Almost time to go on my next big adventure. I have reached that point where nothing really stands between me and the airport.  I have packed everything (and triple-checked it). I have my itinerary, my passport, and all other necessities to travel with me. I have books, crosswords, and a journal to keep me occupied. I am experiencing both waves of excitement and anxiety, but it isn't an altogether unpleasant feeling. I will do my best to get some sleep tonight, but I have a feeling that about 2:00 a.m., I will roll over and realize that time has slowed to a crawl, and that I have a long night ahead of me.

Now, all I have to do is make sure that everything goes fairly smoothly--for some reason, I figure if I can at least get to Europe, I'll be good to go. :)  No long layovers this trip (two hours maximum, which in airport time is not much at all any more), so hopefully no real delays between connecting flights. I guess right now that is my biggest worry. Silly, when you think about it.

Anyway, hopefully, the next time I post, I will have way too many photos to share and so many fun stories to tell, it will be at least a month until I talk about something else...(well, I probably will throw in a few other stories in between, but yeah, consider yourself warned!)

Wishing you all a happy, safe Memorial Day weekend, and hoping that you too find adventure and relaxation!

No comments:

Post a Comment